We are excited to announce the launch of Rebrand Haiti on June 18th in partnership with Banj and WordPress.com. This is Rebrand Cities’ largest international event to date.
Our Rebrand Cities global civic design partnership focuses on the well-being of the entire community. Over 6 million Haitians live below the poverty line with less than US $2.41 per day, according to the World Bank.
Through conversations with our local partner, Marc Alain Boucicault (Founder of Banj co-working space in Port-au-Prince), we have identified the crucial need for digital support and infrastructure. Marc is an economist and ecosystem builder committed to youth, entrepreneurship and innovation intercontinentally. Assisting local businesses with creating websites to help them grow sustainable businesses is critical.
As part of the Haiti Tech Summit pre-events, Rebrand Cities will be working with 30 local Haitian businesses. The summit is a gathering for thousands focused on using tech and entrepreneurship to address humanity’s greatest challenges. On a mission to transform the world via entrepreneurship, the Haiti Tech Summit is part of a 13-year initiative to turn Haiti into an international tech hub by 2030.
In less than 2 weeks, 100 Haitian businesses applied for the 30 spaces. Participating small businesses from Haiti are strong contributors to their community with amazing services and ideas.
Working with small businesses in Haiti will be a life-changing event!
- Application: Local Haitian businesses apply for acceptance into the program
- Notification: Receive approval to participate
- Website Planning: Gather content and set up account (prior to the event)
- Website Development: Interactive experience of building own site on the WordPress.com platform (during the event)
- Post Event Support: Ongoing support is available with a WordPress.com | Automattic Happiness Engineer
We’re working to help get more Haitian local small businesses online who don’t know how or where to begin.
Continue exploring opportunities and the need.
Banj Co-Working Space
- Rebrand Cities Haiti
- Banj Co-working headquarters in Haiti
- Haiti Tech Summit
- Haiti facts on World Bank
Let’s partner on future #RebrandHaiti experiences or launching a new Rebrand Cities global civic design partnership in your country.